Since the beginning of the year, we have been seeing an increase in hack attacks coming from abroad (Russia, Turkey, and Brazil). The new year came in with a Brazilian team wreaking havoc on Word press installations now we have an increase in attacks on old Joomla and WordPress installations. So be vigilant and update frequently. Here are some tips on preventing being attacked. If your site has been hacked then we offer some tips on getting your site back!
Tips on Staying safe from hack attacks:
- Update your core Joomla or Word Press installation and components to their latest versions.
- Enable SEF URLs, to prevent URL manipulations.
- Uninstall JC Utilities, and disable TinyMCE WYSIWYG editors when not in use (Joomla).
- Protect your admin section by installing Admin Tools or firewall (Joomla)
- Change your Admin URL to prevent brute force attacks. Install Hide my WordPress
- Read the Joomla Security Releases: Joomla Security Documentation
- Back up your Joomla site with Akeeba Back up
- Back up your Word Press site with WP All in One Import
Need to Migrate Your Joomla 1.5 or Word Press website?
Migrating your site? Have a huge database? Call us we can help or you can do it yourself:
For Joomla websites:
J2XML Exporter – Importer: Shioi Website
Jupgrader Automatic Migration Tool. Works great on not so complicated site. May have some problems with Multilingual and complicated sites!: Download here at Redcomponent
Upgrading your Joomla Website from Scratch?
For Word PressWebsites:
Easily move your website with WP All in One Import